The below list is a summary of the major actions taken by the Von Ormy City Council over the past month
Regular Meeting 10/17/2012
-Approved resolution in support of restoration of a 4% franchise fee with CPS Energy
-Approved agreement to receive remainder of CEID funds from CPS Energy and deposit into Capital Improvement Fund.
-Approved entering into a regional planning and economic development coalition with the City of Somerset
-Approved resolution in support of naming a new SWISD high school “Von Ormy High School”
-Appointed Greg Reyes as a Deputy City Marshal
Special Meeting 11/5/2012
-Approved contract with Hope for Dogs for re-establishment of Animal Control Services
Regular Meeting 11/7/2012
- Approved Fiscal Year 2011 City Audit by Wayne Breyer, CPA.
- Approved acquisition of office-connex for use as City Marshal’s offices
- Approved installation of street lighting in City Park and recently annexed areas
- Approved Dr. Thomas Schlenker as the City Health Authority
- Cancelled meetings scheduled for Nov. 21 and Dec. 19 due to holidays.
- Approved bid to remove seedlings and trim trees in City Park.
- Opened bids for routine shredding and maintenance of City Park.
- Approved dedication of remaining CEID funds for City Park improvements.
- Approved the drafting of a bid request for a municipal building to be located in the City Park
- Approved the adoption of an ordinance concerning tall grass and weeds on lots of less than 0.5 acres
- Approved posting opening for the position for Code Compliance Officer
-Approved opening bids for repair of chipping on Benton City Road South
- Approved opening bids for trimming tree limbs in the rights-of-way of Von Ormy Rd and Benton City Rd South
-Accepted the resignation of City’s Emergency Management Coordinator, named City Marsrhal Gerami interim-Emergency Management Co
-Approved the posting of opening for Emergency Management Coordinator
Special Meeting 11/12/2012
—Approved sale of three acres of land to Jarret VFD for construction of fire station.